Thursday, May 8, 2014

greif




Grief is a monster that will eat you alive if you fight it.  But grief is an ocean whose waves will lead you to the Lord if you are willing and brave enough to ride them.  It takes tremendous courage and tremendous faith.

What does one say when there are no words... no new words, no comforting words, no words that bring meaning?  My heart is so full of sorrow and pain for those I love that are enduring sorrow and pain.   I feel inadequate to help those I love but my feelings would deceive me if I let them.   I can say I'm sorry, I love you, and keep pointing you to the Lord.  I can cry with you.  I can walk along side you and allow you the time you need to grieve without judgement.  I can be quiet and listen.

Death is not the end, Christ proved that.  And while we live on in sadness and loss, our loved ones have begun a new journey.  That thought doesn't take away our sadness and loneliness, our longing to have them by our side but it should give us hope that if we too trust in Christ, we will see them once again.  The broken and grieving find their only true hope in the resurrection.  I find my hope in the resurrection.

This life is but a vapor and we are not promised any tomorrows.

Love is a verb so act on it.  Don't just say I love you, show I love you.

There is no time like the present.

Surrender your life to Christ.

Cliche's?  Yes.  Truth's. YES!  My words are not new, they've all been said before.  The questions is, will you see them with new eyes, with a new heart, will you heed them?  Trust in the Lord, today.  Tell your family you love them, today.  Ask your long lost friend for forgiveness, today.  Make it right, whatever IT is, today.  Be thankful for what you have, today, because you are not promised tomorrow.

In loving memory of those who have gone too soon and with much love for those left behind to grieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment