Sunday, September 13, 2009

listen to your mother


"How many times have I told you not to do that?" "If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times..." Famous quotes from our mothers that we've always laughed about. Funny how even as a grown woman, they come rushing back when I do something stupid.



One of those 'stupid things' I should not do, but do all the time, is stick a utensil into the bowl while the mixer is running. Bad I know, I've been told a thousand times! Typically I use my wonderful Pampered Chef rubber scraper but today I was being lazy and just grabbed the nearby fork. I have learned that metal forks don't have nearly the give that rubber scrapers do! Needless to say I ended up with my fingers trapped between the fork and the mixer while it was cranked up on high, OUCH! And suddenly, the image of my mother standing there scolding me came flashing through my mind. After several tense moments, I finally pried my squished little fingers out and got the fork unstuck.
Have I learned my lesson? Definitely not. I turned right around and stuck the rubber scraper in the mixing bowl because after all, I had to finish making the banana bread. I will however be sure to only use rubber. As for listening to my mother. well they do always know best but kids never listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment