Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Shine



I was recently reading someone Else's blog and she was commenting on the fact that blogs can make you look all shiny and give people the impression your life is perfect. She wanted to be sure that people saw the real her and for that I give her credit. No one lives a perfect life.

But as I sit here this morning, looking around at my imperfect and 'real' life I can't help but wonder... It comes complete with 2 pit bulls flopped sound asleep on the furniture, remnants of their apparently delicious, chewed up sticks left on the rug for later chewing. One slightly still overweight, old golden retriever whose thyroid is so bad she is on 2 medications a day, and our delightful, geriatric, blind, deaf, incontinent poodle whose breath is so bad it must have come from the depths of hell. Plus, a couple of cats, (I've mentioned before that I have trouble saying no haven't I?) A gentle breeze blows in the open kitchen windows and tumbleweeds of dog hair go rolling across the hardwood floor only to get wrapped around the legs of the dining room chairs, settling in comfortably with the golden piles already there. They look like those cute little fur wrapped cuffs on sleeves you see all the little girls wear, only not so cute! The sink is full of dishes and the laundry is in the wash, in the dryer, on the line and on the floor!

Now, in case you are thinking we must be slobs, we vacuumed yesterday, did the dishes and the laundry. In a house of six people and six animals, it seems to make no difference. So I thought about my "shiny" blog and said, "Why not?", it might be the only shiny thing I have!

2 comments:

  1. Chris,
    I am so enjoying EVERYTHING that you write!
    You are so creative, in SO many ways!

    Thank you for sharing a bit of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Hannah for being my 1st official follower. It's been so many years since I've written anything, I forgot how much I love it.

    ReplyDelete