Friday, October 23, 2015

31 Moments in Time :: in your presence








I'm not much of a morning person, my preference is to linger under the covers but I have had the great privilege of many beautiful sunrises as I have made my way to work in Traverse City over the past 6 years. They are something I would not have normally seen had it not been for working somewhere in an easterly direction. It has been fascinating to watch the sun dance across the horizon as the seasons changed -- the rhythm of creation. Amazing to think that God simply spoke and the sun came into existence, with the whoosh of his breath, a great ball of fire -- light and life. With the stroke of his hand he paints the sky the most amazing array of hues, each season having its' own shades. The fall sky is my favorite, its' colors are more vibrant than any other and linger the longest.


So many mornings as I headed off to work I was thrust into the presence of a holy God and I would live out what Pastor Adam wrote about when he penned these words...

In the still of a morning sunrise, I feel your beauty, I feel you near
In the peaceful, twilight hour, I hear your voice calling me
In the eyes of a little child I sense the wonder, your tender love
In this moment I sing to you, I call your name, I give you thanks
In this moment I lift my hands to you my God, to you my King



My days at work in Traverse City are coming to a close soon and there are many, many things I will miss about that but just as the seasons change in nature, so do the seasons of our lives and I have counted it all joy.

The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork. Psalm 19:1

Often I attach a song to my writings with a link for you to listen if you choose. Today I encourage you to listen to this beautiful worship song written by Pastor Adam from East Bay Calvary Church. No matter how many times we sing it, it brings me to tearsIn Your Presence


This post was written as part of a 31 day writing challenge. To read more of my stories in the challenge click on my link. Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment