Saturday, October 17, 2015

31 Moments in Time :: Jesus my Captain



"Lost in the shallows amidst fear and fog Your truth is the compass that points me back north" ~  Hillsong
            



















East Grand Traverse Bay

I love the water.  I am so blessed to live in an area where I am surrounded by it. Water is healing for the body and soul.  Then He showed me a river of the water of life, clear as crystal, coming from the throne of God... Revelation 22:1.  When my soul needs refreshing I seek the water and the One where the water comes from.

Sometimes though, I set out on my own course. Taking the helm with my sails fully hoisted, head held high in the breeze and the sun on my face, I forget just who it is that aligns the stars and guides the wind... I think I can navigate on my own. Before long I find my self in shallow waters with rocks all around. Fog surrounds me and I have lost my way.  It is then that I realize on my own I am hopeless and helpless... lost with no way of finding the course on my own and I humbly call on the true Captain to lead me home again.

May this song Captain, by Hillsong United, help remind you to rein in the sails of your wandering heart.

This post was written as part of a 31 day writing challenge.  To read more of my stories in the challenge, click on my link.  Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment