Wednesday, October 21, 2015

31 Moments in Time :: no excuse


















For since the beginning of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--having been clearly seen, being understood from what he has made, so that people are without excuse.  Romans 1:20













He made the Earth by his power; he founded the world by his wisdom and stretched out the heavens by his understanding.  Jeremiah 51:15


















The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the works of his hands. Psalm 19:1
















I live in such a beautiful place. I know I've said that before but I can't get over just how beautiful it is and how blessed I am to be able to live amidst such wonderful creation. I am in constant awe of God and his imagination, and I never get tired of taking it all in.

I get it when people refuse to accept God as the Lord of their life, oh wait no, not really because I can't comprehend why someone would chose to spend eternity in hell.  What I mean is I get it that there are some people who just won't submit. They're going to run their life and that's that, their pride keeps them from it. But judgement day comes for everyone, eventually...

What I really don't get is when people believe that all of everything just happened from nothing, like a bunch of nothing came together in a big bang and created something as wonderful as Earth. Seriously? I mean, have you looked at the sky? Have you tried to count the stars at night? God named everyone one of them and he knows how many there are, just like he knows the number of hairs on your head. But, I guess if you deny his existence you can bury your head in the sand you think came from nothing... judgement day still comes for everyone, eventually.

I've been told I'm wrong, that's okay. If I'm wrong and they're right then when we die, we will just go back to nothing. No harm no foul. But if I'm right and they're wrong... when we die it's a whole different ball game. Nobody likes to talk about hell, and sin, and all that stuff that makes us squirm. They say if God is a loving God, why would he send people to hell? God never sends anyone to hell. That's a choice people make on their own. You know, that whole free will thing. We all love free will and the ability to make choices... yeah, that was God. Every choice has a consequence and judgement day still comes for everyone, eventually. It's the day when the consequence of your choice will come to pass.

Because of that obedience, God lifted him (Jesus) high and honored him far beyond anyone or anything, ever, so that all created beings in heaven and on earth--even those long ago dead and buried--will bow in worship before this Jesus Christ, and call out in praise that he is the master of all, to the glorious honor of God the Father.  Philippians 2:9-10

You can deny his existence, but I'm telliin' ya, if you deny him on earth, he will deny you in heaven. If you acknowledge him on earth, he will acknowledge you before his father in heaven. Don't take my word for it, look it up in the Bible--you know, that book that's been around for a few thousand years, best selling book of all time. It's in Matthew 10:32-33.  It's pretty much a book about a guy that came to save us all. It's a love story and guide book all in one. Take a peek, it just might change your life. I know it changed mine...

Hell is a harsh reality, even those who believe in the existence of God don't like to think about it but that doesn't change the fact that it is real. There are people I love and care about here on this earth and I want to spend eternity in heaven with them. Because I love you I tell you  to chose while you can. Those of us who believe, we're ready for heaven. We're ready for Jesus to split the skies and take us to paradise, but he's waiting for me to do my part and tell you about him... to tell you that he loves you, he died for you and he wants to reconcile you to God... he's waiting on you to decide you want to go too. 

Lisa Bevill sings about that very thing in her song called Ride, which you can check out here.

This story was written as part of a 31 day writing challenge. To read more of my stories in the challenge, click on my link. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment