Sunday, October 4, 2015

31 Moments in Time :: skin comfort
























Alexis Elizabeth, age 29

























Chelsea Rose, age 21



These are my 2 girls.   I remember being their ages...  This is me.   I get the wonderful blessing of being their mom.












I remember never feeling pretty. My daughters are gorgeous (I freely admit I may be biased but c'mon, they're beautiful). I remember never feeling thin enough. My daughters have great figures. I remember feeling lost, alone and out of place. My daughters appear to me to be the center of attention whatever crowd they are in. Is that just because they are the center of my attention? My skin was too pale, my nose was too big, my chin was too pointy, my hair never did what I wanted it to and I tore off the label on my Levi's so that know one would know for sure just what size my pants were. When I look back at my school pictures now, or even young adult pictures, ok even pictures from this century, I was none of the things I thought I was, like fat, and I was all of the things I thought I wasn't, like pretty. Well, except maybe the hair, it still has a mind of it's own but I've decided it knows what it's doing. What do my girls think when they look at themselves? I hope they see what I see when I look at their physical appearance. More than that, I hope they see what I see when I look at their hearts. 

I came across a quote by Amos Bronson Alcott recently and fell in love with it. "To keep the heart unwrinkled, to be hopeful, kindly, cheerful, reverent - that is to triumph over old age." 

True beauty really is on the inside. When you know you are a daughter of the King, created in His image... without flaws, and you love others with a heart that is pure, there is a beauty that radiates from within you and it shines brighter than any physical attribute you might have. All of the beauty we have on the outside will one day fade but true beauty on the inside only grows more beautiful over time. 

To be comfortable in your own skin takes time and grace. Seeing your value as a human being beyond the skin God placed you in is a journey we  should all walk. When you realize the value of another human being beyond the skin God has placed them in, you know you are on your way.  

Many blessing to all you beautiful people, may you realize how much you are worth to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment